Reporting issues where you don't know the root cause
When reporting issues where you don't know the root cause, be sure you include the following information (if applicable):
- screen shots
- log files (local and server if you can get them)
- machine stats (CPU usage, memory usage, disk, etc...)
- what was happening:
- What were you doing (steps, activities, etc...)?
- What else might have been going on at the same time (volume, batch jobs, etc...)?
- What else was doing on right before the error occurred?
- copies of the configuration files at the time, or a summary of key configuration settings