Disaster-recovery quality characteristics
Today's tip comes from Klaus Schmidt's High Availability and Disaster Recovery. In the book Schmidt outlines a useful list for being able to test a disaster-recovery (DR) installation:
- Being able to activate the DR system while the primary system is active.
- Being able to test the DR system without requiring changes to the primary system.
- Being able to component test different aspects of the DR system.
- Availability of workload generators, regression tests, and monitoring on the DR installation.
- A short time frame for resynchronization after testing is completed.